Franchise simply means ‘permit
‘. A franchise is a permit, license or authorization initiated between two parties, with the receiving party (the franchisee) being empowered to use the product content, brand name and trade mark of the giving party (franchisor) to market their products or services.
The franchisee under this agreement is given the authorization to market their products or services using the brand name and operating methods of the franchisor. The franchisee under this same agreement must pay the franchisor certain fees and royalties in exchange for these rights.
Modern Montessori International (London), the largest Montessori franchise, has both international and regional networks. Established with the purpose of maintaining the Montessori tradition, MMI (London) offers a full business format and professional expertise to assist international and regional business partners to venture confidently into the challenging and fast expanding market of Montessori Education. Our Experience allows us to create a unique franchising solution.
The MMI Group currently has many franchisees located across the continents offering Montessori-based teacher training and Preschool services.
SUB-FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITY IN NIGERIA
The MMI (London) Country Franchise is held by Chelis Education Consult Ltd. (Dr Tina Udoji) who is authorized to give out sub-franchises to interested educators in Nigeria, Opportunities exist for individuals and corporate organizations interested in obtaining the sub-franchise in Nigeria with MMI(London) Nigeria Center.
Types of Sub-franchises available
Available Teacher Training Programmes
The following Teacher-Training programmes are available:
- MMI (London) Montessori Teacher Training Centre.
- MMI (London) Montessori Pre-school.
1) Diploma in Montessori Methods of Education (2 ½ to 6 year old)
2) Advanced Diploma in Montessori Method of Education (2 ½ to 9-year-old)
3) Montessori Diploma in Infant and Toddler Care.
4) Montessori Certificate in Infant and Toddler
5) Certificate in Montessori – Teaching Assistant.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SUB-FRANCHISEE
MMI’s franchise opportunities offer the following unique advantages:
- A first degree in any discipline preferably in Education.
- A Diploma in Montessori Method of Education.
- A unique corporate identity.
- Balanced and well-integrated curriculum.
- Professional teacher training.
- Continuing research and development.
- Operational guidance.
- Academic and technical support.
MMI SUB-FRANCHISEE PROCEDURE
- Higher Chances of Success – In any business venture, there is always a risk of failure. However, since the franchising concept is based on following a proven way of operating the business according to developed and well-tested format, the chance of success is therefore many times higher than running your own independent business.
- Shorter Learning Curve – Franchisees will benefit from the MMI Group’s collective wealth of expertise and knowledge, thereby requiring a much shorter time to learn how to run the business.
- Established Trademark/Service Mark – The MMI trade name is already well known to global consumers. The franchisee will benefit from the goodwill and global recognition of the MMI name.
- Joint Advertising and Promotion – Franchisees are able to pool resources to come up with joint advertising and promotion campaigns at a relatively low cost. In addition, all franchisees can project a consistently strong image, thus giving consumers added confidence in purchasing from them.
- Transfer of Management Expertise – The MMI Group has vested interest in transferring its knowledge to franchisees to help them succeed. The success and profitability of the MMI Group is usually directly linked to that of the franchisees.
- Training – Sub-Franchisees will receive continual training and guidance from the MMI (London) Nigeria Master Franchisee to ensure optimal performance.
- Support Services – The MMI (London) Nigeria Master Franchisee will provide relevant support services at a lower cost. We could assist sub-franchisees to recruit staff, locate to better premises, conduct local promotions, etc.
- Receipt of inquiry and Curriculum Vitae from prospective Sub-franchisee.
- Initial email correspondence from MMI Nigeria Country Franchisee (to establish personal contact).
- Dispatch of Sub – franchise details to the prospective Sub-franchisee.
- Receipt of a formal application from the prospect with a non-refundable application fee of £100.
- Feedback from the MMI Nigeria Country Franchisee.
- Prospective Sub-franchisee interview by MMI Nigeria Country Franchisee assessment panel.
- The Country Franchisee sends the draft Agreement to the Sub-franchisee for review.
- Payment of Sub – franchise initial fee.
- Signing of the Confidentiality Agreement.
- Inspection and Evaluation of proposed office space and location by the Country Franchisee. All travel, accommodations, feeding and related costs are to be fully borne by the Sub-franchisee.
- Renovation of premises to replicate the MMI Group Image and standard and set-up.(cost to be borne fully by the Sub-franchisee)
- Sub-Franchise Agreement – This is a legal contract between the MMI(London) Nigeria Master Franchisee and the sub-franchisee spelling out the rights and obligations of both parties, terms and conditions, including those for termination and the validity period. This agreement is drawn up by the MMI Group’s and the Nigerian Master Franchisee appointed lawyers.
- Tenure or Period of Contract – This is the period of validity of the legal contract between the MMI (London) Country Franchisee and the Sub – franchisee.
- Compliance with Contract – To ensure that Sub-franchisees do not conduct themselves in a manner that adversely affects the image and business of other parties within the MMI Group: Sub-franchisees are required to comply with the terms and conditions as stated in the Sub-franchise agreement.
- Initial Fee – This is the upfront payment that the Sub – franchisee must make to the MMI Nigeria Country Franchisee to obtain the rights to the products content, business format and trade marks for a specified time period. In return, the MMI(London) Country Franchisee will provide services related to the design and layout of the premises and assistance in launching of the operation, to facilitate an early conversion to a Sub – franchise outlet.
- Royalty/Management Fee – An ongoing periodical fee made by the Sub – franchisee to the MMI(London) Nigeria Country Franchisee, usually based on a percentage of the gross sales within the same period. In return, the MMI(London) Nigeria Franchisee, together with the MMI(London) Head Quarters will provide management services, including joint advertising and promotional campaigns, updating of procedures, continual new product development, etc.
- Renovation Cost/Rental – The cost that will be incurred by the Sub -franchisee to build or convert her premises to the image and layout specified by the MMI Group. This cost has to be ready at the beginning of the sub – franchise relationship.The Sub -Franchisee will need to have sufficient capital to take care of this.
- Working Capital- Sub – Franchisees must set aside sufficient funds to pay for normal business overheads like utility bills, electricity, salaries and purchase of goods and services.
- Payment Terms – The period by which the Sub – franchisee have to pay the MMI(London) Nigeria Country Franchisee for goods and services rendered is normally specified under payment terms.
- Initial set-up training will be provided for key teaching and administrative personnel nominated by the Sub-franchisee to be held at the MMI(London) Nigeria Head Office.
- On-site training may follow at the franchised center if requested by the Sub- franchisee, howbeit at the cost of the Sub-franchisee. Please, note the training is for operating staff and not the diploma or Certificate training for proposed lecturers.
- A nominated representative of the MMI(London) Nigeria Country Franchisee will guide the Sub-franchisee through the pre-launch.
- On-going support will be provided by the MMI(London) Nigeria Country Franchisee. An annual one-day visit will be made to the Sub-franchisee for the purpose of reviewing the total business, on-going training, market development and technical support at the Country Franchisee’s cost. The benefits of on-going R & D will be transferred to the Sub – franchisee.
- The MMI (London) Nigeria Country Franchisee will create suitable advertising and promotional materials as well as news releases to penetrate potential markets.
- Advice on setting up the necessary business environment.
- Advice on recruiting Montessori Lecturers and procuring Montessori materials.